Choice Discount Stores are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018 and have published this policy to help you understand how and why Choice collect information from you, to whom such information is disclosed and what your rights are. If we make changes to this Policy we will notify you by updating this statement on our website.
What data do we hold?
We may hold data about the following people
- Supplier and Service providers
- Complainants and enquirers
What information do we collect and why?
Data Protection Laws say that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a valid reason to do so. We will treat the information you provide us with respect, and will not share anything with third-parties unless given explicit consent to do so.
When you sign up to receive our marketing email newsletter, we will collect the following information from you.
- First Name. We require your first name to personalise any correspondence between us, Choice, and you the customer
- Last name. We require your last name to personalise any correspondence between us, Choice, and you the customer
- We require your email address for the basis of uniquely identifying you in our database and sending you emails
- We will use this to send you updates on your local stores and inform you of store openings
- If you choose to share your birthday date we will use this to send you future birthday offers
- Age group. If you choose to share your age group with us, we will use this information for internal reporting purposes
If you no longer want to receive marketing emails from us you can click the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us directly at [email protected].
When you shop in our stores we use CCTV for security monitoring purposes and for safeguarding our customers.
Basis for processing
The basis on which we process your personal data is one or more of the following
- It is necessary for the performance of our contract with you
- It is necessary for us to comply with a legal olbligation
- It is in our legitimate interest
- You have given us your consent ( this can be withdrawn at any time by contacting our data protection officer)
How will we use your data?
We may use your information for the following purposes
- Maintaining accounts and records
- Keeping you informed about our goods and services
How long will we keep your Data?
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as it is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with us) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
What are your rights?
You are entitled to request the following from Choice, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased. Contact [email protected]
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the ICO, the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk where your personal information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data, however, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
This privacy notice was last updated on 25th May 2018.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your PC, phone or other web enabled device when you visit any website including our website. They are not harmful and do not contain any confidential information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
Are cookies safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous. They do not contain any information which could personally identify you and your security is never compromised. If you would like more information on any of these types of Cookies, including how to opt-out, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com/
Can I turn off cookies?
To withdraw your consent, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer’s hard drive. For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the “Help” tab of your browser via the menu bar.
Third party cookies
Choice allows selected Third Parties who participate with us in marketing programs to place cookies when you visit our site. These cookies enable us to monitor which adverts you see and click on to get to our site. Choice is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of Third Parties or other websites, and we advise that you check these yourself.
Choice use Google Analytics cookies for Analytical and Targeting purposes. Website visitors who don’t want their data used by Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser. Learn more about the opt-out and how to properly install the browser add-on here.
Visitors can also opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings.
This cookie notice was last updated on 25th May 2018.
Should you need to contact us please write to Choice Head Office 22-26 Rectory Rd, Hadleigh, Essex SS7 2ND UK. Call us on 01702 555245 or email [email protected].